First Time Candidate Timken Moves Closer to the Lead as Opponents Decline or Stall
December 2, 2021
CANTON, OH – Jane Timken’s campaign for U.S. Senate released the following poll Thursday showing a surge of momentum for the first-time candidate. Climbing six points since last month alone, Timken is squarely within striking distance of the lead, while every other candidate — including Mandel and Vance — have stalled or declined.
“We are working hard every day, traveling to all corners of Ohio talking and listening to Ohio families with a relentless focus on fighting for parents and stopping the disastrous agenda of Joe Biden and the Left,” said Timken. “I’m incredibly excited that voters are responding to my record as the only authentic fighter for Ohioans and the America First agenda who will combat inflation, keep Critical Race Theory out of our schools, end the Fauci lockdown madness, and stop the Socialist Left.”
Key findings of the poll include:
- Timken’s ballot position, image, and statewide awareness are improving on a monthly basis while other candidates are either flat-lining or declining.
- Timken continues to gain on career-politician Josh Mandel as he remains stalled in the same place he started — despite entering the race with a name ID advantage from running for office for more than two decades.
- Timken has climbed on the ballot and sits at 17% while Mandel has declined on the ballot to 21%.
- Mandel’s lead is entirely a product of his perennial candidacies for public office since the 1990s and spending well over $50 million in past campaigns, but he is seeing decline in his numbers and is underperforming relative to his name ID.
- Ohio voters are clearly looking for an alternative.
- Timken’s image is more than 2:1 positive with an increase in ten points since last month alone.
- The more voters get to know Timken, the more they like her.
- JD Vance is underwater. The more Ohio GOP voters learn about his Never-Trump record, the more toxic and unelectable he becomes.
These survey results prove that Jane Timken is running a winning campaign for Senate. The campaign is back on TV with an aggressive media strategy to best position Timken to peak at the right time to win and provide air support to our unparalleled ground game that has already contacted more than 750,000 Republican voters in Ohio. Timken is also the only candidate focused on the key issues that matter to Ohio voters including the economy, inflation, education, and safe communities. Her “Parents First” tour and focus on Ohio’s children are paying off as she continues to speak to Ohioans as a mom, a fighter, and a champion for the conservative agenda that will save our country.
The poll was conducted by Moore Information Group. For more information see the polling memo below: